Tuesday, August 20, 2013

From Old to New: part 2

I did it!
Babies, budget and all!
I am looking into a sewing class with a friend to brush up on my skills, but the machine works wonderfully, the bench is comfortable and sturdy again, the table is no longer dusty and gouged and the legs on both are tightened! I can't wait to make something for our sweet little girl and to be able to fix all the things that have torn in the past few years when I have been with out a place to set up a sewing station. 



 I modge modged fabric onto the upside of the desk to add color and keep pins and fabric and patterns from sliding off.








It made me want another project, and I'm thinking using it and making things will satisfy the urge quite nicely. I am so grateful for Nathan and how supportive he was and how willing he was to keep Asher away from all the mess that I scattered through the house, and to keep him happy while I was working on it.

1 comment: